- I serve as the General Chair of the Packet Video Workshop 2020 (25th anniversary), co-located with the ACM Multimedia Systems Conference 2020, to be held in Istanbul, Turkey, June 8-11, 2020.
Please consider to submit a paper to this traditional and renowned workshop; CfP and submission site are available.
- We’ll run a Summer School on Adaptive Streaming over HTTP and Emerging Networked Multimedia Services (Klagenfurt, Austria, July 13-17, 2020) as part of our activities in the Christian Doppler Pilot Lab ATHENA, a close collaboration with industry partner BITMOVIN.
In case of interest, please visit the Summer School website or go directly to the Participation section (application form).
The research group „Multimedia Communication (MMC)“ was founded and is being led by Prof. Hermann Hellwagner. Assoc.Prof. Christian Timmerer is now co-lead of the group.
The research activities of the group are in the areas of
- Adaptive video streaming: Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH)
- Multimedia Quality of Service/Experience (QoS/QoE)
- 360° video and point cloud streaming over 5G; edge computing
- Multimedia content distribution in Information-Centric Networks (ICN)
- Standardization within ISO/IEC MPEG
- Communication in UAV systems
The focus of the MMC group is clearly on adaptive delivery of audio-visual contents.
The group actively participates in several international and national research projects on all levels, ranging from basic research to application-oriented projects and direct cooperation with industry.
In teaching, the MMC group covers the technical courses of the Informatics study programme such as Computer Organization, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Servers and Clusters, Multimedia Technology, and Adaptive Media Streaming.